All 26 art Reviews

Fizzled out Fizzled out

Vero, your work still amazes me how clean and professional it always looks! This is the first thing I've seen from you in a little while, and I think you're always improving. I really like how you did the shading on this with the lines of the shaded color. Really great work!

halloween halloween

Incredible!

Jag, this is mind-boggling. When you posted the preview pic in the contest thread I was expecting something cool, but this was a totally awesome surprise! The idea is very creative, I love how the ghost spirits resemble the characters! I had to kind of search for Bitey at first, and I'm glad he's in there too!

Art related-wise, the coloring is great as always, I'm immediately drawn to the face of the pumpkin as the focus point. Your shading style is top notch and I really enjoy the color choices (especially the blue outline of mr. pumpkin!) I think the only possible qualm I could have with it is the reaching out hand. It looks really thin compared to the other one, but it's probably just me.

Really great job on this, fav'd for sure!

jagondudo responds:

thanks AwesomeSaurus! i was a little worried at first that there would be too much going on, but its interesting how you can lead the viewer with just colors. i like experimenting with things like that. thanks mate!

Black Kat Black Kat

Honestly, Zane. .

I don't know if you were going for this or not, but I seriously can NOT stop laughing every time I stare at it's face. Really, stare at it for like 30 seconds and don't laugh, I dare you to try!

Art-wise, lines are clean, but could use some smoothing out in areas that seem 'lumpy' if you know what I mean. It could have used some color, but for what it is, it's great!

ZaneZansorrow responds:

It all began one stickam session before, and I doodle an expression because I haven't done much digital art lately but I find the expression too familiar of a cat and then shade and fill out the rest ;D and yeah, an expression like that is hard to keep in lmao xD. yeah I know what cha mean on the lumpy >3>, I'll fix up on that eventually :3

Catnip Catnip

Damn Cute!

Ridiculously clean flowing lines, great use of limited colors, and the curviest drawing style you've ever seen? Must be one of good ol' BizzaroJoe's! Really fantastic, can't say enough good things about it. I love the expression on her face, and the posture of the cat like it truly is being 'snuggled.' It's interesting to see an animal in your style, and I think you handled it wonderfully! Great work, Joe!

BizarroJoe responds:

Well, that was the main trouble: I have already used the girl w/ cat combo. Deciding what I was going to draw for this turned into a real bitch. In the end, I decided to try something that people would expect (and probably, like) to see from me. The "Modern Art" approach was what made this subject work for me.
Thank you for the comment, AweSauwe!

Black Cat Black Cat

Such a badass. . .

Really cool! This style is interesting, and the linework is well done. I think the pattern is the best part, quite creative! The outlining lines were a nice touch too, especially around the shotgun-arm. Only thing is I think it would look nice with a dark shadow on the ground too, since the contrast is high. Nicely done, Cubles!

J-qb responds:

Thanks, this was mostly a style practice, so im glad it worked.

Friday Flood - Cat Friday Flood - Cat

Commander Kitteh!

Nice concept, great use of the icon! The background is kind of dull, but the elements you put in are interesting. Cool perspective and great linework. Could use some highlights and a bit more shading though. Good work!

Cat! Cat!

Clean!

This is nice, crisp and cute. The eyes are the best part, they really make the expression come to life. It could have used some more elements and maybe some shading. Really fits the theme!

Friday Flood: Black Cat Friday Flood: Black Cat

Racy and different!

What really grabs me here is the color choices. I think the pinkish and lavender tones are interesting, and the really dark blues complement them well. It's sketchier and more unrefined the further you get from the face, which really draws the viewers eye there as a focal point. The background could have used a bit more, the front makes me wonder what it is she is laying on in that pose. Nice work overall, Kraig!

Friday Flood Friday Flood

Freaky and cool!

Ace work here, Jobertson! Really creative, and such well done shading and lighting. I really enjoy the green glow. The tongue's texture is fantastic! I agree with Kraig, the head doesn't match the rest, but again not your fault. Good stuff!

- Happy Friday Flood!

Jobertson responds:

thanks Saurus,
I have trouble adding texture to my work generally, so it's good to see working :P

Rocket Powered Cat Rocket Powered Cat

3...2....1... blastoffff!

Nice, Gum!!

I like the perspective and the overall concept, great use of the icon. The shading is okay, but could be smoother, and the background leaves something to be desired. I'm also a bit confused on the light source with the sun being behind rocket-cat. I think the comedic value of it really helps the style. The bird is GREAT, really looks like it is in motion. Overall, well done!

And is that Pico firing that cannon!?

Havegum responds:

I rushed this way more than I should. Horribly much.
So much that when I realized the shading was all wrong on the cat rocket, I didn't even care enough to fix it up.

That being said though, I had loads of fun creating this little bastard!
Also the guy firing the cannon was supposed to be a dog or whatever, but I suppose pico works too!

Happy friday flood!